Thursday, February 28, 2008

Closing Thoughts

It's been a while since I updated everyone on the happenings here in China. The truth is, other than lots and lots of busy schoolwork, not a lot has happened. The last few days in particular have been extremely stressful. I've had exams, and papers, and even had to write an article for the IES newsletter about the airport strike. On Monday I had my oral Chinese exam. On Tuesday I had my written Chinese exam. On Wednesday I had my Philosophy final and a Philosophy report to turn in. Wednesday night my Chinese class had to perform a skit for the closing "China Night" ceremony. After pulling an all-nighter to prepare and edit my documentary, this morning I had to present my semester-long findings on the Chinese film industry. Then, in the afternoon, I showed a rough cut of my documentary about what happened at the Kunming Airport. The response was overall very positive, so that's good, but as a result of so much hard work I am the most exhausted I have been in a long while.

At the same time, though, I'm kind of sad. Classes are over. I've got a week left to spend in Beijing, and then it's back to the United States. I'm going to miss China. It's funny how you end up saying goodbye to places just when it feels like they're starting to say hello. I'll definitely have to come back here... anyone care to join me for the Olympics?

No comments: